Reform Addressed by Imam Ali
CONTEMPORARY ISLAMIC STUDIENS MAGAZINE,
Volume 7, Issue 15, Pages 219-250
AbstractIt can be said that, Imam Ali bin Abi Talib (AS), Was the leader of reform in the early history of the Islamic nation. His reformist approach was based on:
1-His tender to God and his faith to Islam never caused his pureness or caused him to bear a grudge on the caliphs who took over the Khilafah in very unlawfully way. but he stayed by their side to give them advice as they were seeking the advise from him and so he said (AS) (I will be in Peace if the muslims cases are in peace, inspite of the injustice that been made against me especially
This is a remarkable lesson can be learnt from Imam Ali (AS), that Al Khilafa is not a chair he want to sit on, but he discovered his outside influence and the role that can played.
2- He reached Khilafa through a major change was made by people as first step for reforming when the people elected him and announced him as a Khalifa. Unlike what happened in the first, second and Third Khalifas.
3- The clarity of responsibility towards people, when he announced his new method of reform. through spotlight the corruption and punishing the spoilers.
4- The serious action that he showing of his new method of reforms inspite of difficulties faces him and he was knew how much he would pay and loose but he went till the last for reform.
5. Imam Ali (AS) was keen to provide the first element of the reform process, which is the initiative and processing. As he believe the reform is not a slogans
6. Any reform process include sacrifices and losses, and faces difficulties and obstacles, but the when the leaderships stand together will makes it less difficult and closer to success.
7- Imam Ali (AS) took the initiative from the beginning of his rule for the implementation of the reform programs, by removing the spoilers governors who took their positions within the corruption government, and privileges and wealth of the nation
Also recovered the money to the house of money from the hands of the possessors of them illegally,
8. Imam Ali (AS) choose of best staff from his governors to lead and manage the affairs of the state and people.
9-putting control over the governors and workers, and use the punishment with any deviation or violation.
10. Imam Ali (AS) was the the leader in the war as he was draws the plans for his military and the leaders of the army and address them to avoid the war and not getting
started until the argument over with the enemy, and not to kill the wounded, and respect the women and not to attack people's property and not to terrorise children and respect for human regardless of his belief.
11. Finely, the most important reform that Imam Ali (AS) was focusing on is the justice and equality among the people in the bestowal programs, while people had suffered from discrimination among them, which led to classify the society into two sections: poor people and rich people and the accumulation of wealth at the layer, and increased poverty in the rest of the classes.
Of course Imam Ali (AS) Has faced a lot of pressure, but he stood against others will and insisted on justice and equality approach, as he says: (Are you asking me to gain the victory through injustice )
- Article View: 260
- PDF Download: 117